1.  What year was the reproducer in the photo made?

Steve, is that a trick question?  I think that O was put together from parts in
2013.

2. What is unusual about the reproducer in the photo?

The serial number is from the R and S Reproducers.  The weight has the large O
which was later.
The thumb knob has a pointer which an early brass topped iron body with a low
serial number
would not have had.  The pointer came along many many thousand later than 491.
An original O body should have a milled cove in the body rim for the carriage
arm locking screw
to hold the Reproducer in place.  If the body were an N there would be that
milled cove also.
3. When did the first pot metal O tops come out?

Sometime after serial number 12462 and before 13340;
but, as a date, I would hazard a wild guess that it was for the Home E in March
1911.

4. What is the difference between an O, N, and N-56 R S top?
Hole placement, number of holes for screws, and limit pin thread pitch.
I know I am missing a lot but I am too lazy to go grab a bunch for comparison.

5. When did the dome tops come out?
I have a potmetal dome N serial 17612.  Since they were announced in November
1911,
I would guess January 1912.  It is late and my brain is on idle so I know
that's wrong.

Like many sellers on eBay the description was written just to have something to
read.
Any factual semblance to reality is purely accidental.
Too many sellers are downright misleading to con newbies into buying their
junk. SAD...

OK Steve, I await your comments to be enlightened and educated.

Note: this has nothing to do with the seller, it is all about learning and this
is the best way to learn as it illustrates several important reproducer
principles I hope to make common knowledge.

Thanks for the brain exercise, I look forward to the answers,
Al