I also have an Edison ICS phonograph (has white International Correspondence
School nameplate on the front). It's an Edison Standard Model C.  It has the
toothed lever for moving the reproducer back a few grooves. It also has a lift
lever on the left side, held onto the carriage with a screw.  If you do a
Google search for "ICS Edison Phonograph" you'll see number of Edison Standards
with the levers on either the left or right side.

Jim Nichol