From: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On
Behalf Of john robles
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2013 7:49 PM
To: phonolist
Subject: [Phono-L] Rare phonogaph cabinet/storage

Hi
I have a question - A friend of mine found a rare Herzog 742cabinet that
fits a cylinder phonograph inside it, and has cylinder drawers below. The
model 740, which is similar, is pictured on the cover of Fabrizio and Paul's
book Antique Phonograph Gadgets, Gizmos and Gimmicks.  It is a rare bird
indeed, the only thing is, the proprietary horn is not there. The 740 has a
horn attached to the back of the grille which runs by means of a metal tube
to the reproducer. Now since both cabinets are different, does anyone know
if the 742 had the same proprietary horn? The first incarnation was for
outside horn disc machines.
Mr's Fabrizio and/or Paul, can you chime in please?
John Robles
Oh no I am gonna die - I just found out he got it here in my own town!
Swoon...