As a rescue method, maybe you could wrap the ring with teflon plumber's tape
a couple of times.  Once in place, excess tape could be trimmed off.

Ron L

-----Original Message-----
From: phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On
Behalf Of john robles
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:09 AM
To: phonolist
Subject: [Phono-L] Anyone got top housing of a Diamond B?

Hello all
I am looking for a good top housing of a Diamond B reproducer. I have one
that is swollen to the point where the diaphragm retaining ring falls to the
bottom of the housing and will not engage threads. I didn't know when I got
it that the ring was held in because it was wrapped with Scotch tape and
jammed into the housing. Leads appreciated.

John Robles