Hello all
Ever have one of those "Duuuh" moments?  I thought I would share one of mine.
I purchased an Edison model O reproducer on ebay several months back, at what I
thought was a bargain price of $400.  It has the late domed top, and the pot
metal is stable, no sanding necessary.  Sadly, the stem came loose to the point
that it would not turn the stylus bars over, and finally it came out. I wrote
to Steve Medved about it, who I sent photos to, and he informed me that I am
the victim of a bad previous repair job.  Luckily it is repairable.  So since I
will be having to send it off to him, I will have nothing to play cylinders on
during that period, and to tell the truth, not being able to play records makes
me a little panicky!. So I decided to get a reducer ring for the top mount
carriage and borrow a model K from someone or buy one as inexpensively as
possible (anyone got one??).
So here's the "Duuuh" part. I wrote to George Vollema about getting a ring, and
he told me he'd see what he has on Monday. Meanwhile, I was trying to post an
ad here to sell an original Fireside carriage, but my email to Phono-L was
rejected for some reason. This morning I went to place the ad again. Suddenly I
thought..umm. why am I buying a reducer ring when I have the original Fireside
carriage? Duuuuuuuuh......
Maybe the Phono-L gods were trying to tell me something...
John Robles