From: "Vinyl Visions" <vinyl.visi...@live.com>
To: <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 2:37 PM
Subject: [Phono-L] Columbia BKT 2/4 Gearing Info Needed

|I recently purchased a Columbia BKT, which the previous owner said had an
issue in 2 minute mode. What I
discovered is that it has an issue in both 2 & 4 minute mode. In 4 min mode it
starts out playing correctly,
but by 1/3rd of the way through, it starts to skip a groove or two. I hadn't
tried it in 2 min mode, until
yesterday. When shifted into two minute mode, it does something completely
strange... it runs the feedscrew
backwards. Has anyone ever experienced this issue? I believe that someone has
tried to adjust the 2/4 minute
gearing and maybe disassembled it, then put something in backward... Is this
possible? Does anyone have a
picture or diagram of the correct configuration of the gearing? Thanks for any
help...