I decided to take the plunge and bought an Edison B-80 tabletop machine at
the Wayne parking lot sale this year. It works but the motor and interior
cabinet are pretty cruddy looking.  There's lots of little paint chips from
the horn.  I want to take it all apart and clean/relubricate it, except for
the spring which seems to work without rumble.    Sooo, is there anything I
should look out for/be careful of in particular?   It does not look like the
TT lifts off.  I think I'll just take that whole top plate off with the TT
as a unit to start with.

Ron L