Indeed, I would agree that we shouldn't be masking things like this. It's out in the open so it's perfectly reasonable for us to photograph it. If the person who did this was intending to just mark the area as an information board then that's fair enough, unfortunately this isn't the way to do it. I haven't yet put the facility to just tag things in general in yet.
I noticed someone had masked out an advert for alcohol on another photo. I would also say that this is ok, it's just an advert. That said.. I wouldn't worry too much about people masking more than they should, granted it might seem annoying that something useful like the sign has been masked but we can always delete masks even after the photo has become available (well, I can, the facility isn't there on the site yet). I'd much rather people mask too much (as long as it's not ridiculous levels) than we end up with actual faces in the dataset. So if you're not sure then do mask things but other people moderating should also be considering what people have masked previously and if they disagree can remove the mask. Oh yes, one other thing, just to confirm that only the owner of a photo or someone who is assigned to moderate it can see photos from the private/processed directory. The link was still useful for me to find the photo in the database but just thought I'd confirm that in case anyone was unsure. John On 31 Oct 2009, at 01:40, malenki wrote: > I am wondering why anybody should mask a > tourism=information > information=board > completely like this: > http://openstreetview.org/private/processed/da81f223411cff0912d7b0622230a2a80a2c17a2-large.jpg?0.7329678779902881 > I clicked "delete" at the mask-window, but I am not sure how this will > work. > The origin: http://omploader.org/vMm5yOA > > I have seen already a masked advertising board (at least it could have > been one) but I am not convinced they should be masked as long as an > valid adress is contained. There is such a lot of "commercial" POIs in > OSM-DB already - and it would be barren if they would all disappear. > > Regards > malenki > > > _______________________________________________ > Photos mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/photos _______________________________________________ Photos mailing list [email protected] http://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/photos
