Hi all,
     I'm still trying to get my site to work just right.  Basically I'm
building a "secure" portal.  What I want to do is:

1) get user info from form
2) submit name & password to query template
3) query template checks login:::
  i) if good - needs to...
    a)  initialize this user's session by setting session variables and a
cookie.
    b)  redirect to the portal landing page
  ii) if bad - redirect to error template

my problem is getting the session started (part i/a) before the redirect
(i/b).  It seems if I do a session_register()...etc. it doesn't work.

I'm new to PHP, and coming from Cold Fusion where it's extremely easy to
setup a user session as above.  How do I do this in PHP?  Thanks everyone.

-free