I apologize for my cross-post, but since I received no response on the
general list, I decided I must have posted in the wrong place.

I am trying to update an Oracle 8i CLOB field. I have looked at previous
messages on the list and am trying the following:

        $sql="update murtland.articles set
title='$title',release_date=TO_DATE('$release_date','YYYY-MM-DD'),body=:body
text,sections='$sections',mod_date=TO_DATE('$mod_date','yyyy-mm-dd
hh24:mi:ss'),mod_userid=$userid where articleid=$articleid";
        //echo $sql;
        $stmt=OCIParse($conn,$sql);
        $bodytext = OCINewDescriptor($conn, OCI_D_LOB);
        OCIBindByName($stmt,":bodytext",&$bodytext,-1,OCI_B_CLOB);
        OCIExecute($stmt, OCI_DEFAULT);
        $bodytext->save($body);
    OCICommit($stmt);
        $bodytext->free();
        OCIFreeStatement($stmt);
        OCILogoff($conn);

However, this gives me the error: invalid LOB locator specified.

Also, does anyone have any example code for searching Oracle 8i CLOB fields?
Do I
have to create a stored procedure to be able to do this?

I want to be able to search a separate varchar column in addition to
searching the CLOB column.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Chris Murtland