Howdy,

I'm getting weird problems trying to INSERT to two different tables, in
consecutive mysql_queries. Before, I had 3 queries going, and only 2 would
work at any time. It seemed like it was 'rotating' the bad query - first
the 1st query would fail (the other two were fine), then I'd empty all my
tables and refresh, and this time the 2nd query was the problem, and if I
did it again the 3rd was. All queries worked fine in phpMyAdmin, both
individually and when executed en masse.

I've boiled it down to just two queries that don't work. I've included
everything below (including table schemata), to enable reproduction. It
seems like a bug to me - the question is, is the bug in PHP, MySQL, or my
brain?

This is driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!
  - Chris

mysql_connect("localhost", "myusername", "mypassword");
mysql_db_query("DocCountry", "INSERT INTO projects (idCreator, name,
comment) VALUES (1, 'sysmsg9.txt', 'Some file')");
mysql_db_query("DocCountry", "INSERT INTO files (idProject, name, comment)
VALUES (1, 'sysmsg9.txt', 'Some file')");

CREATE TABLE projects ( id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, timestamp
timestamp(14), idCreator int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, name varchar(80) NOT
NULL, comment text NOT NULL, authLevel varchar(32) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY
(id) );

CREATE TABLE files ( id tinyint(4) NOT NULL auto_increment, idProject
tinyint(4) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, name tinyint(4) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
comment text NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (id) );

(P.S. I've tried things like using SET syntax, using mysql_query instead of
mysql_db_query, etc. Nothing helps.)