check in the manual under the features section, a part called Handling file
uploads.

you need to use a multipart/form-data html form, which then posts the
contents of the file to the server. once it is there, you can parse it into
a single variable and save that into the db just like you would anything
else, or you can write it to disk somewhere and save a path for it.

getting it back out - make sure you also save the mime-type of the file,
then just pass the mimetype as a header, and then spit out the contents of
the file (if it's saved in the db)

HTH
Beau

At 01:03 PM 3/3/01 -0800, Pedro M. S. Oliveira wrote:
>Hi all...
>Here i am once again asking for advice :)
>well i need to put a file (something lika *.doc or *.rtf) on a mysql
>database.
>The thing is: the user need to upload a computer file to the mysql runing
>over a linux box.
>
>i would like to know:
>1) what is the best way to do this?
>2) what is the html code i have to generate do do this?
>3) how can i read this back from the database?
>
>i read something about sending the file over ftp and then on the database
>put just the path to the file.
>but what is your opinion?
>thankx

Beau Lebens - Web Master
Insurance My Way, Your Friendly Online Broker
(08) 9226 5888
http://www.insurancemyway.com.au/