or alternatively, if you don't have access to recompiling or anything like
that,
set up a cron job to use lynx to hit a page (which is your php script) when
required.

you can even set event times in a db and have that script check the db for
anything that needs to be run and then perform that operation.

At 07:59 AM 3/5/01 -0500, Cosenza, Mario wrote:

>You can compile it as an executable (not an apache module), then schedule it
>with cron.
>
>Run ./configure without the -with-apache= switch. It should reconfigure for
>"cgi mode" (I think that's what it's called).
>
>After you 'make' it you'll get an executable called 'php'. Use can use this
>to process you php scripts from the command line ('php test.php').
>
>They just warn you not to put this in your web directory, because it can be
>used against you to compromise your security.
>
>Hope it helps,
>
>Mario

Beau Lebens - Web Master
Insurance My Way, Your Friendly Online Broker
(08) 9226 5888
http://www.insurancemyway.com.au/