On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 08:55:13PM -0000, Grant wrote:
> Is there any way of using a string in an SQL query instead of using the
> table name. Something along the lines of
>
> $result=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM $tablename",$db);
>
> this doesnt work it come up with a parse error

Your problem is probably on a line above this one.  Because this line
should be valid.  I do stuff like  this all the time and it works
without any problems so far.

<?php
// First of all, I use a variable to hold my sql statement:
$sql = "select * from $tablename";
// Then perform the query:
$result = mysql_query($sql, $db) or die("$sql<br>".mysql_error($db));
?>

This allows you to see the sql that is actually being executed, and you
also get to see the actual mysql error.
--
Jason Stechschulte
[EMAIL PROTECTED]