On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 05:31:39PM +0100, Martin E. Koss wrote:
> I just pasted:
> ALTER TABLE vips ADD NewAD FLOAT (11,2) DEFAULT '0.00' NULL
> into the 'Run SQL' box on phpMyAdmin and it did exactly what it should do. I
> did it both online (hosting servers) and offline on my Win/Apache and both
> are fine, new column added.
>
> However, via the PHP script we're discussing it doesn't create the column or
> generate an error. The username and password that phpMyAdmin uses is the
> same as the one the connections for the web site uses and that includes full
> privelidges.

There is still one thing I want to be clear on.  Are your php script and
phpMyAdmin running on the same server?  With mysql you can give
privileges to a user on a specific server, so user foo on server bar
could have different privileges than user foo on server bar2.  This is
the only thing that I can think of that might be happening.

--
Jason Stechschulte
[EMAIL PROTECTED]