I've set up a database (with tables completed from user forms) offline and
want to transfer tables to a replication of the database online to save
having to re-enter all the data through the input forms.

I've tried connecting to localhost and issuing the following commands with
the intention of outputting to a file then loading from that file. Neither
of the following work:

Connected to local:

$resultlocal = mysql_query("select column_names into outfile
'http://www.mydomain.com/..path to.. /file_name.txt' from table_name") or
die(mysql_error());

Error = "Can't create/write to file ...

The alternative, connected to remote:

$resultremote = mysql_query("load data infile
'http://localhost/file_name.txt' into table_name") or die(mysql_error());

Error = "Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' ...

Do I need to fiddle with the paths, or am I going about this in completely
the wrong way?

Regards

Mick Lloyd
[EMAIL PROTECTED]