Thanks, but instead of sifting through all the individual messages I wanted
to see if there were any
comments that summarize the whole thing.

If there are not my conclusion is that there is more free documentation and
support for mysql than interbase.
I even found a new book at Barnes and Noble titled: MySQL/PHP Database
Applications.

The documentation for interbase is not so well supported probably because
it is more new to open source.

Joel