Thanks for the replies :)

Victor's suggestion put me on the right track. (I still have trouble with
language constructs)
Heres what I have now.. All I need to do is name my form fields with the
same name as the column names from the mysql table, and presto! now I can
just add/remove from the search form without changing the code. (I hope.. It
has worked so far).

while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
         {
             if (!is_int($key) && $key!="Submit" && $key!="submit" &&
$key!="offset")
             {
                     if (!empty($val))
                     {