From: Greg Kelly [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2001 11:28 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] problem with functin newbie please help

I have a function that I have defined in a filed called config.php. name of
function is dbconnect() when I go to call the function I get a
Parse error: parse error in /home/test/public_html/include/config.php on
line 9

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: dbconnect() in
/home/test/public_html/login.php on line 5

Can some please tell me what i am doing wrong ?

Thank You

index.php
<?php
require("include/config.php");
include("include/register.php");
include("include/login.php");
dbconnect();

?>

config.php
<?php
$boardurl = "/var/www/html/contest";
$hostname = "localhost";
$user = "test";
$password = "test";
$database = "test";
$boardname= "test"

function dbconnect() {
global $hostname, $user, $password, $database;
mysql_connect($localhost,$user,$password)
or die ("Unable to connect to MYSQL SERVER");
mysql_select_db($database)
or die ("Unable to connect to database please try back later");
}
?>