hmmm, that's interesting...I believe you are right about the version glitch.  I went
to another database we have running on another server, it has 3.22.32 as you do.  When
I delete the last record and then add one it DID NOT reuse the number, but
incrememented!
However, v.33 IS NOT reusing numbers that have been deleted anywhere up to the last
record. So it is working partway at least. I suppose it could be a glitch that needs
to be reported on .33 .  I will submit it to mysql.com.
Thanks!
Angie

>>> Miles Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 05/11/01 09:17AM >>>
Angie,
Is there a bug here? How do you "re-add" a fourth record? Is 3.22.33 a
development or a stable version?
With MySQL 3.22.32, and table type of MyISAM I did not get re-use of the
auto_increment keys , no matter where the records were deleted or inserted.
Miles