From: Simon R Jones [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 10:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] security in PHP under Apache

hi there
does anyone know how to make PHP run as a different user than the default
one ("nobody" i believe). I have many users with websites and would like
them to be able to run PHP under their usernames so as to ensure security.
Though I'm not sure this is possible unless I install PHP as a CGI binary
and use something like suExec (I currently have it as an Apache module, and
would like to leave it that way).

best wishes,
simon