Hi.

When trying to insert anything into a BLOB column in informix I get a
-609 error back (invalid use of TEXT/BYTE host variable), no matter
what parameters used when ifx_create_blob'ing. Inserting into TEXT
columns does work OK.

When trying to read anything from a TEXT or BLOB column, php dies.
"child pid 4286 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)"

Setup

SuSE 7.0
Linux 2.2.19-i686 (PIII)
Informix Dynamic Server 2000 Version 9.21.UC3
apache 1.3.17
php-4.0.4pl1

or

Sun Solaris 7
U60
Informix Dynamic Server 2000 Version 9.20.UC2
php-4.0.4pl1
apache 1.3.11

Attached you'll find a) the db definition b) a small script for
inserting data and c) a small script to read the data.

As the informix code didn't change in 4.0.5 (no diff on source in
extensions/informix) I haven't tried upgrading.

Help appreciated.

TIA,

        Chris.
--