Question for all you php experts out there:

My organization's website is based on mysql/php backend - 95% of the
webpages are generated dynamically using templates and database records.

We have been asked to create "printer-friendly" versions of these pages.

Now for your opinion/advice: should we (1)create another template called
"print.php" for example and generate there print friendly pages dynamically
or should we (2)create static html copies of each database record so that
they are "print friendly"?

By "print friendly" I mean I want a page that doesn't have the text cut off
the right hand side of the page (nevermind, for now, that the original page
shouldn't do this
in the first place :) )

Thank you so much for your help!

- Shawna