In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jaskirat) wrote:

> I am creating a database driven php page for which I need to have a database
> of
> US and Canadian states and cities in the back end.
> Is there some place on the web where I can get such data in the reusable
> form and

You might try looking at census data.  It's public info, so free, and
should have extensive lists of city info somewhere  (you may have to cobble
together a complete list from various regional sub-lists, but then again
maybe not...).

Another possible source: public GIS (geographic information system)
databanks.  See
<http://directory.google.com/Top/Science/Social_Sciences/Geography/Geographi
c_Information_Systems/Data/>, for instance.

There are also plenty of people willing to sell you such info... ;-)

--
CC