From: Artur Correia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 11:37 AM
To: Jesse S. Williams
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] Formatting Strings in MySQL

Hey,
Thanks in advance for your trouble replying this.
I havent tried it out yet - nor will I untill August. I'm still planning all
this database before I start coding.
This is going to be my first work using mysql/Apache/php4 (it's going to be
web based administration tool for a lawfirm (intranet).

Anyway, it sounds good.
As for the string - it's either NULL value or a 9 digit number (initially
the
idea was to format a social security number (in Portugal we have only 9
digits).
Incidentally - i also thought of directly inputing the string formatted into
mysql (I'd rather do this, actually). I've tried using the FORMAT (field,0)
argument, but the output is always comm separated numbers like 123,123,123,
and
this isn't exactly what I had in mind. Do you know of a command in mysql
(either to use with  INSERT or SELECT) that can do this??

Thanks a lot

Artur Correia
Oliveira, Correia & Correia