assuming you have a DB setup with a table for the guestbook, just do a
standard query.

now the steps can be long and wordy.  but essentially, you open a
connection to the DB server.  you make a link to the DB.  you then pass
an SQL query via PHP to Mysql.  then it stores the result into an array
that you can then process.

best thing to do is get a book that has PHP and Mysql into it.

Beginning PHP from WROX.com had me started really well.  then i got a
PHP and Mysql book that just answered all my questions.

--
Leo G. Divinagracia III
[EMAIL PROTECTED]