The problem is that they are completely different websites, from the web
browser point of view - even though they are so close to each other on the
server...  You should have mentioned this was a sub domain site :-)

If you REALLY don't want to copy the image from the www folder to the util
folder, then you have to use:

So that the browser can reach the image file.

Tom