I'm using Php 4.0.1 pl2-9 and Mysql 3.23.22 and gets the following error in
Mysqls logfile:
010711 10:58:52  Aborted connection 381 to db: 'improvement' user: 'webusr'
host: `web.local' (Got an error reading communication packets)

After a while mysql doesn't accept more connection because it has reached
the maximum connection error and i must do a host-flush.

The problem only appears when I run php on the same server, when I run php
from my windows machine (later version of php) against the
same database i dont get the error.

Is is a bug so i shall upgrade php or is it a miss configuration done by me?

/Andreas