You should use mysql_fetch_array() instead of mysql_fetch_row(), so you can
refer to your columns by name, as in:
$q = mysql_query("select id,name from address;");
$a = mysql_fetch_array ($q);
==> now you can use $a['id'] and $a['name'] to get the field's values.

I found it always good practice to name all affected columns in a query, so
you have no pain  if your columns get mixed by db alters.

Thomas