Is '127.0.0.1' actually what you have in your file, or is that just a
placeholder because you don't want to give out the real IP?  (If that's
actually what's in the file, then FreeTDS will be trying to connect to a
copy of MS SQL Server running on your Linux box, which seems like sort
of a futile exercise.  Try changing it to the IP of the NT machine.)

---
Mark Roedel           | "The most overlooked advantage to owning a
Systems Programmer    |  computer is that if they foul up there's no
LeTourneau University |  law against whacking them around a little."
Longview, Texas, USA  |                          -- Owen Porterfield