"Jon Farmer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

> [...]

... you could significantly lower bandwidth requirements by returning,
say, the first 150 characters and then explode'ing to make it 20 words.

Another thought: if you want a string of close-to-standard length,
maybe just return 100 chars and truncate to the last word boundary
using strrchr(), instead of requiring a fixed number of words?