----- Original Message -----
From: Jay Paulson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: PHP List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 6:29 AM
Subject: [PHP-DB] MySQL read only?

> Hello everyone--
>
> I keep getting an error with MySQL when I try to Update or Insert a record
> into my database.  The error message is as follows:
>
> MySQL said:  Table 'zone' is read only
>
> I went and checked the files and set the permissions on them so that they
> were read and write only but that didn't help.  I'm wondering if it's a
> setting in MySQL.  Can someone point me in the right direction for getting
> the Update and Inserting fixed?
>
> Thanks!
> Jay

It's most likely a MySQL permissions problem. Use the interactive client
(mysql) to give yourself permission:

grant all on zoneDB.zone to yourself@% identified by "password"

This allows a user called 'yourself' to do anything (insert, update, delete
etc) to the table 'zone' (which is in the database 'zoneDB'). The user
'yourself' can login from anywhere and must use the password 'password'.

See the MySQL docs for more info.

regards
--
Jason Wong