Which database do you use ?

I donīt know mySql ... but I know Sybase very well and there you have
something called Triggers ...

[Cite SybaseDoc]
A trigger is a stored procedure that goes into effect when you insert,
delete, or update data in a table
[/CITE]

You could say for example
Create trigger for blahblah on insert
as
begin
   take the inserted recordset and put it in another table ...
end

Cheers,
Marcel