I was sure there was a syntax error in that SELECT statement, but
according tho the description at
<http://www.mysql.com/doc/M/a/Mathematical_functions.html>, that looks
right on to me. I know this doesn't help a lot, but at least you've had
a second set of eyes confirm that your code looks right.

--
Chris Hobbs       Silver Valley Unified School District
Head geek:              Technology Services Coordinator