You mean you had all this inside a function? Like:
function dbConnect ()
{
$link = mysql_connect($host,$user,$pass);
}

?

If so, did you pass $host, $user, and $pass to the function by global-ing
them like:

function dbConnect ()
{
global $host;
global $user;
global $pass;
$link = mysql_connect($host,$user,$pass);
}

-OR-

function dbConnect ($host,$user,$pass)
{
$link = mysql_connect($host,$user,$pass);
}

- Jonathan

"Dave Watkinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
yeah - everything's fine! All the variables are being stored, but
they're not getting passed to mysql_connect() for some really strange
reason!

:-(

I've done a temporary fix - moved the entire database connection
function to a separate file, and required that from the first required
file (!), and it's working, but the original problem has still got me
confused!!!

Dave