On Thursday 06 September 2001 18:47, Stephane MOREL wrote:
> Thank you for your answer
> Interbase is installed in /opt/interbase. I don't use --with-apxs.
> What I need now is to eanble connection to interbase through PHP.
> It seems to me I only need to compile PHP with the
> --with-interbase=/opt/interbase to create the file interbase.so.But I guess
> I'm wrong
> Thank you for your help

It all depends on how you install PHP (assuming you're using Apache)

--with-apache : static PHP compiled into apache (needs to cmpile Apache)
--with-apxs    :  dynamic apache module (no need to compile Apache)
without any of them : compiled as a standalone cgi executable

As for compiling with interbase:
--with-interbase=/opt/interbase  won't create the interbase.so file, but
rather compile PHP with interbase support built into it.

If you want the shared interbase module (.so) you should compile with:

--with-interbase=shared,/opt/interbase

and modify your php.ini

I suggest you read the relevant pages in the manual. Find them at

http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.unix.php
http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.configure.php

--
Meir Kriheli