// > you can get command line zip/compression packages for
// windows, although
// for
// > *some* reason, as far as i know, not a command line
// version of winzip -
// the
// > big one!
//
// err.. please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't pkzip
// exactly that? or more
// exactly, winzip is a windows interface to it? it certainly
// uses the same
// compression....

nope - you're right, i forgot about pkzip, but i was just saying that it's
pretty strange that winzip is the biggest compression program used for
windoze machines and they haven't released their own command-line version...
last i heard it was still in the piplelines.

pkzip is made by a different company i think