I'm trying to solve a problem... I have a site divided in areas. Each
area has it's own id, and may have it's own sub-areas. Each sub-area has
it's own sub-areas, etc...

    My will is to return the areas in some cascade order... I can do it
recursively, but it generates too many queries. I was wondering how i could
do this with only one query to the database.

    Here's the structure i have so far:
    AREAS (area_id INT; parent_id INT; root_id(??) INT; description
VARCHAR(60));

    Can anyone help?? Thanks in advance...

    PS: I think this would very similar to a threaded forum...