I am trying to select a message from a table in a database. the message will will be
in column 'msg' and will be
in same row as id='0'.
I need that msg put to the screen. With the code below I get the error: Resource id #2

Can someone please explain how I can fix this..

Thankyou in advance.

<?
$msgcre = "SELECT msg FROM creators WHERE id='0'";
$msg = mysql_query($msgcre);
echo "<FONT color='#000000' style='font-size: 10pt; font-weight: bold'>$msg</font>";
 ?>

Andrew,

Although the assignment statement looks as though the LHS (left-hand side) should
contain the result of the
query, it does not (as you have discovered). Instead of being an integer or string, it
is something called a
'resource'. You have already 'met' a resource in connection with the db connect
process. After issuing a query,
you must then use one of the mysql_fetch_... functions to extract the data, one field,
or one row at a time,
from the 'resource'. Please check out the manual at
http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysql.php. Also you might
consider working through one of the many excellent texts and/or online articles
discussing the PHP/MySQL
combination.

Regards,
=dn