Jacob, Ryan

MSSQL functions use the Sybase OpenClient or FreeTDS,
Some ODBC drivers do impose this restriction, however OpenLink's 4.1 ODBC
drivers allow return of the full overloaded data.

Please let me know if you require any assistance in configuring ODBC.

Best regards,
Andrew Hill
Director of Technology Evangelism
OpenLink Software  http://www.openlinksw.com
Universal Data Access & Data Integration Technology Providers