I am looking for some automatation using MYSQL and PHP: All entries in a
table have a date-field, so that our user are automatically informed
about the last update of the corresponding entry, but not about the
site's generall update. The idea is to look into the date-fields, select
the latest entry and printing it into HTML (we make our updates only
using the database, so one of our entries, but not always the last one,
has the correct date). So we have the table:

entry 1 / 2000-11-29
entry 2 / 2001-09-02
entry 3 / 2001-11-04
entry 4 / 2001-11-03

Obviously the second date's enrtry should be selected, but I have no
idea how to do it...

Thanks, Torsten Reimer