En réponse à Joao Prado Maia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Now for the $15,000 question: does anyone else agree with this ? If
> PEAR::DB is not abstracting the database what is the purpose of such a
> library ?

Well I strongly need thoses $15 000 $ so ....

What is the purpose ?
As a "average php user/developper" I don’t really care about the "pure cross
plateform/database issue"  but I do care about a standard, clean, secure ("my-
bugs-free") and easy way to use a database, and PEAR::BD + Thomas V Cox
tutorial are under this aspect real time savers...

So the purpose is "ease my life"...

Well we’ll discuss privately about money transfert

Luc