That I can't help you with, as I've never worked with phpmyadmin, always
manipulated the database at the MySQL console. By default MySQL stores the
database in it's ../var directory, like so:
/path/to/mysql/var
                 /mysql - the database which contains info about the other
databases
                 /resume
                 /some_other_db
                 /still_another_db
and so forth.

The fly in this ointment is that the databases can be stored on other
drives or directories and symlinked from the default location.

Are you thinking that the phpmyadmin is used to build your scripts? If so,
you have he wrong impression, as it is a database administration tool.

If you need guidance on where to start developing your application, Julie
Meloni has some very useful tutorials ar http://www.thickbook.com; there
are also tutorials at WeberDev, PHPMonkey, DevShed and so forth.

Regards - Miles Thompson