on 1/15/02 7:38 AM, Adam Royle at [EMAIL PROTECTED] appended the
following bits to my mbox:

> I have been trying for months now (on and off) to get mail() working in
> OS X. I

> - I am using PHP v4.0.6 on Mac OS X 10.1 (pre-compiled with cool options
> from entropy.ch)

> - I installed Communigate Pro (a mail server -- and this works when I
> use it in Mail.app)

1) This post should've gone to PHP-General since it isn't related to
databases.

> SMTP = ifunk.dyndns.org
> sendmail_from = [EMAIL PROTECTED]

2) These values are only valid for Windows php installs, not for Unix (i.e.,
Mac OS X.

> - I don't want to use sendmail, I want to use the mail server I have
> already installed.

FWIW, OS X comes with sendmail installed, you just need to enable it in the
/etc/hostconfig file.

Perhaps Communigate Pro has a "sendmail" type wrapper that you can point the
php sendmail value to.  I've heard that qmail has such a script.  Check with
CG Pro support for more info.

Another option would be to use Manuel Lemos' excellent SMTP class for
sending you email directly through an smtp server.

<http://phpclasses.upperdesign.com/>

Of course, then you wouldn't actually be using the mail() function.

HTH.

Paul

<?php
    while ($self != "asleep") {