easy peasy dave :) (pseudo-code - cause i'm lazy and hopefully you aren't
:P)

<?php[esque]

create file pointer to file 1 (read-only "r"?)

read file 1 into string

close file pointer to file 1

create file pointer to file 2 (creating if necessary ("w"))

write string from file 1 to this pointer

close pointer to file 2

?>