On Monday 28 January 2002 21:05, Markus Lervik wrote:
> On Monday 28 January 2002 14:57, Jason Wong wrote:
> > > Somehow when I print the value of $query, it looks fine.
> > > Then, when I change $query a bit and print it again,
> > > it looks fine.
> > > Change it a third time, and it suddenly gets the value it
> > > had in the beginning.
> >
> > Could you post some code please?
>
> Well, for instance, this screws up the $query. It works if one clicks
> once on the next-button, but clicking another time resets the query to
>
> SELECT
>       L.Tunnus,N.Nimi,L.ISSN,L.Vuosi,L.Lisätietoja,L.Vuosikerta,L.Numerot,L.Huom
>autuksia FROM uusi_lehtitaulu L, nimet N
>       WHERE (L.Nimi_id=N.id AND  N.Nimi LIKE "asdf")
>       LIMIT 0,20
>
> if($go=="next") {
>       if($page < $nr_pages && $page >= 0) {
>                $page++;
>                $replace_with= (($page) * 20).",";
>                echo "replace_with: " . $replace_with;
>                $replace = (($page-1) * 20).",";
>                echo "replace: " .$replace;
>                $query=ereg_replace($replace,$replace_with,$query);
>       }
> }
>
> It's the LIMIT 0,20 -> LIMIT 20,20 -> LIMIT 40,20 that doesn't work.
> Strange thing is, that it worked about a week ago. : \
> I can't really recall changing that part of the code at all at that point.

Crikey, it looks terribly complicated for what looks like something to page
through a set of results.

Wouldn't it be easier to do away with the ereg_replace()?

 if($go=="next") {
   if($page < $nr_pages && $page >= 0) {
     $page++;
     $start = $page * 20;

 $qry = "SELECT
    L.Tunnus,N.Nimi,L.ISSN,L.Vuosi,L.Lisätietoja,L.Vuosikerta,L.Numerot,L.Huom
autuksia FROM uusi_lehtitaulu L, nimet N
       WHERE (L.Nimi_id=N.id AND  N.Nimi LIKE "asdf")
        LIMIT $start,20"

Even it this doesn't work, at least it's easier to understand :)

/*
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.
*/