Hi all,

I have a site where dates are being displayed and also entered by users. I
don't want to offend them by asking them to use the yyyy-mm-dd format or to
split the date into its constituent parts.

I am displaying by using the MySQL Date_Format syntax and that's fine. I get
dd/mm/yyyy and I want to be able to have the user enter 'dd/mm'yyyy' into a
form and have it put into MySQL in the yyyy-mm-dd format.

Now I have written a function in php to do this but I might be mising an
easier, more elegant/efficient way of doing this.

Any suggestions?

George P, in Edinburgh