Hi.

I need some guidance for writing an effective query (instead of processing
through PHP).

I lets says I have two tables, tblCDs and tblOrders.

tblCD

cdID    |  cdTitle              |  cdArtist
1       |  Great Hits   |  Bon Jovi
2       |  Forever Young        |  The Youngsters
3       |  Now and Then |  Beach Boys
4       |  Cheesy Name  |  Two Tones

tblOrders

orderID |  cdID_FK      |  ordererID
1               |  1            |  442
2               |  3            |  233
3               |  1            |  233

Now, I want to select all the records from tblCD where the cdID does not
appear in any row of tblOrders.cdID_FK

This means that it selects all the CDs that have not been ordered.

The results of the query should be

cdID    |  cdTitle              |  cdArtist
2       |  Forever Young        |  The Youngsters
4       |  Cheesy Name  |  Two Tones

I know how I can do this in PHP (two queries - put all cdID_FK in an array,
and on displaying the other query, check if it is in the array, and display
if not) but there HAS to be an easier way.

Adam.