In theory, if your writers are using a word processor such as Word you could
try just saving as HTML and seeing if that works.  I doubt they'd appreciate
it if you asked them to write in FrontPage, but that would give you what you
need too.

If these ideas don't work you may want to browse other magazines online (if
you go to fashion ones then they should have the tables you talked about).
You could try magazines like Cosmo, Seventeen, etc. and see if you can get
any feel for what they are developing in.  I only came up with the PDFs
because one site I go to uses them and we use them for some of our web
publications for the NCI.

Good luck!

-Natalie