Hi,

You might try something like this:

1) Create a temporary table in MySQL using the data from the table you
are selecting from.
2) On each page, do your select with "order by rand() limit 10" from the
temporary table
3) Do a second query to delete the rows that you just selected from the
temporary table
4) On the next page, go back to step 2.

Syntax for copying a table into an identical temporary table:

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE my_tbl SELECT * FROM tbl

(courtesy of "MySQL" by Paul DuBois).

/bsh/

--

| Member of Technical Staff, Sun Microsystems, Inc. ESP Solaris SW  |